• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CCS-P Need CCS-P ADVICE

Bobby

I am currently certified as a CPC. I want to expand my resume and have been thinking of acquiring the CCS-P. Is the CCS-P certification anymore difficult to obtain? I guess I am a bit intimidated by the 57% pass rate of the CCS-P. Since AAPC does not publish pass rates to my knowledge I really don't have anything to compare the difficulty levels. Any help out there?

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
This is a question for Laureen. I know she had her CCS but I think she had the CCS-P as well. I have not taken any of the exams through AHIMA. I have considered getting the CCS but like you mentioned. It sounds like it has a low pass rate and I want to make sure I understand it before I try. (little chicken I guess)

Bobby

Thanks. Hopefully she chimes in because I would love to know more about what I am getting in to. I have been tossing up getting that certification or the Family Practice Specialty through AAPC. I just wonder how much the Family Practice Specialty is going to further my career. Seems like it is a very vanilla specialty........any thoughts?

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Honestly, I don't know that many people off the top of my head. Let me see if I can do some checking for you so you can make an informed choice. I would think that this certification would only help. For so long there the physicians were more focused on specialties vs. family practice because of the reimbursement they were being given.